This DIY fitness motivation bracelet tutorial is helpful any time of year! It will especially resonate, though, if you or someone you know has set some important New Year’s resolutions.
Health and wellness are always top of mind for a lot of people, but after the year that was 2020? Well, everyone will be looking to get back into feeling their best.
And even when people have the best of intentions, they still need a little motivation to help them push through. Bracelets already exist in a wide variety of materials, but customization is often difficult or super expensive.
In fact, I am very familiar with fitness motivation accessories because I used to make a business of them.
Back then, I also wrote a tutorial on how to make a different style of mantra wrap bracelet for Fit Bottomed Girls.
So clearly, fitness motivation accessories are something I think about regularly.
What Materials Do I Need For A Fitness Motivation Bracelet?
Which brings us to this fitness bracelet tutorial…
This bracelet version still includes some upcycling (hello old t-shirts!) and a short mantra. My DIY fitness motivation bracelet 2.0, however, also includes some fusible fleece, HTV, and a plastic snap (not pictured).
The beauty of this design is that it can easily be tweaked and customized for each person. You can change the width, length, or mantra at any time all from the comfort of your own home.
To get you started, I even have two popular mantras as free SVG files that you can download below.
To make sure the directions are clear, I have included both a video tutorial and a print-friendly tutorial.
So let’s get to it!
VIDEO TUTORIAL: DIY Workout Motivation Bracelet
Free Fitness SVGs
Here are two fitness SVGs to get you started. The ZIP file has each mantra as a separate SVG.
- Cotton t-shirt or jersey knit fabric
- Fusible fleece
- Heat transfer vinyl
- Plastic snap
- Free SVG design from Create To Donate
- Silhouette Cameo or Cricut
- Rotary cutter and self-healing mat
- Plastic snap installation tools
- Iron & ironing board
PREPARE FOR A FUN PROJECT
- Gather your materials: 100% cotton t-shirt or jersey knit fabric, fusible fleece, heat transfer vinyl, plastic snap.
- Gather and prepare your tools: Silhouette or Cricut (and the appropriate mat) for cutting, sewing machine, plastic snap installation tools, iron and ironing board.
CUT OUT THE MOTIVATIONAL MANTRA
- Click here to download your "Transform" or "Just Run" free SVG.
- Upload the design to your machine's design studio and prepare it for cutting.
- Prepare the HTV for cutting then cut your motivational mantra of choice.
- Weed your HTV design and set aside for later.
CUT MATERIALS TO SIZE
- Cut a 3" x 9" piece from the cotton t-shirt or jersey knit fabric.
- Cut a 3/4" x 9" piece of fusible fleece.
START FORMING THE FITNESS MOTIVATION BRACELET (AKA TIME TO IRON)
- Take the fabric, fold it in half and press to create a crease.
- Open up the fabric.
- Fold the outside edges about 1/4" toward the center crease and press.
- Take the fusible fleece, place it on one side of the center crease, and press it in place.
KEEP FORMING THE FITNESS MOTIVATION BRACELET (AKA ALMOST TIME TO SEW)
- Use the crease you pressed as guide to fold the edges toward the center.
- Use the crease your pressed as a guide to fold the fabric in half.
- Clip to secure.
FINISH THE FITNESS MOTIVATION BRACELET (AKA TIME TO SEW & SNAP)
- Top stitch around the whole bracelet.
- Use your wrist to gauge sizing now that the bracelet has been formed. You will want about an inch of overlap for the snap installation so the average wrist will have a length of 8".
- Trim the end of the bracelet to create your preferred size.
- Install the snap.
- Center and place the HTV motivational mantra onto the bracelet.
- Iron the HTV onto the fabric using the recommended settings.
- Freezer paper great for storing HTV designs that you've weeded
- For the best results, you want a hard surface beneath the bracelet and HTV when you're ironing it.
As an member of certain affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Silhouette Cameo 4 with Bluetooth, 12x12 Cutting Mat, Autoblade 2, 100 Designs and Silhouette Studio Software - White Edition
- Siser EasyWeed HTV 11.8" x 3ft Roll - Iron on Heat Transfer Vinyl (Black)
- ilauke 400 Sets Snap Buttons with Snap Pliers T5 Plastic Snaps No-Sew Buttons Fastener Setter for Clothing Diapers Bibs Rain Coat Crafting